Why do we need renewable energy?
The purpose of this lesson is to review the science and consequences of global climate change
and to introduce students to the importance of increasing our options for renewable energy
Learning Objectives: After completing this lesson, students will be able to:
- Explain how climate change and the use of energy are connected.
- Explain why the limited supply and negative impacts of non-renewable energy sources places even more significance on the development of renewable energy sources.
- Identify energy sources currently used in Florida.
- Calculate their carbon and ecological footprint.
- Compare the various types of non-renewable and renewable energy sources.
Total Estimated Time for this lesson: 4 – 5 class sessions