Harnessing energy from ocean currents: the new renewable
The purpose of this lesson is to explain how we can use the Ocean’s currents to generate power. The students will learn about the different types of power plants and turbines. This lesson will also describe Bernoulli’s principle and how it relates to wind and water turbines.
After completing this lesson, students will be able to:
- Recognize the components of a turbine.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Bernoulli’s Principle and how it relates to
- turbines (and everyday life).
- Identify different types of energy that could potentially drive turbines in power plants.
- Explain the different ways energy can be transformed, and how this relates to turbines.
- Interpret the different laws of Physics that apply to turbines.
Total Estimated Time for this lesson: 3-4 class sessions