The purpose of this lesson is to explain how electricity is generated. The students will learn
about energy, conservation of energy, and the basics of electricity. This lesson will also
describe electromagnetism, power, and their applications.
After completing this lesson, students will be able to:
- Define, recognize, build and draw a closed circuit.
- Understand that a closed circuit is required for any electrical device to
- Describe the transformations of energy that occur in the circuit.
- Use correct operations and appropriate methods to solve Ohm's law problems.
- Recognize how electricity is important to everyday life.
- Demonstrate an understanding of energy, power, and electricity.
- Identify the different parts and purposes of a generator.
- Predict how minimizing electrical use can save energy and why it is crucial to
find other energy sources (preferably renewable) besides fossil fuels.
Total Estimated Time for this lesson: ~5 class sessions